With apricot relish, avocado/white chocolate mashed potatoes, fried corn and a sauce bordelaise with apricots, mint and shallots
Trio of Rabbit
The RabbitCut the Rabbit into 3 parts
- Cut off the back legs and pull back the meat from the lower leg for looks.
- Pan sear until done. (Keep warm in the oven at 200ÃƒÆ’Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â°F until needed)
- Cut the rack in 2 pieces so you will have a piece for each plate.
- Deep fry.
- Cut in upper and lower leg for ÃƒÆ’Ã‚Â¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã‚Â¬Ãƒâ€¦Ã¢â‚¬Å“Buffalo StyleÃƒÆ’Ã‚Â¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã‚Â¬ÃƒÂ¯Ã‚Â¿Ã‚Â½ separate the 2 pieces at the joint.
- Marinate with 1 cup of apricot jam and a pinch of chipotle.
- Deep fry until done.
Apricot Relish2 tsp Mayo
2 tsp Greek yoghurt (use Greek yoghurt for texture)
2 fresh apricots, thinly sliced
1tsp fresh mint, minced
1 lime (zest and juice)
1 garlic clove, minced
Salt and pepper to taste
Avocado/white chocolate mashed potatoes1 Large potato, peeled and boiled with no salt
1 ripe Avocado, cut in half, take out pit and peel, cut into smaller pieces
1/2 cup of white chocolate
1 Cup cream, boiled
Salt and pepper to taste
Sauce Bordelaise w/apricots and mint1 Cup chicken stock
1 Cup red wine
1 Shallot, minced
1 Cup sliced apricots
1 Tsp fresh mint, minced
- Add the shallot to a hot saucepan with a little bit of oil, sautÃƒÆ’Ã†â€™© until caramelized (golden brown color)
- Add the chicken stock and reduce.
- Add the red wine and reduce for a few minutes.
- Add apricots and mint right before serving.
Fried Corn1 corn, cooked for 4 minutes
Salt and pepper
Cut the corn in half and divide length wise Deep fry until golden, add salt and pepper
PlatingAdd the avocado/white chocolate mashed potatoes to middle/right side of the plate with a clean paint brush.
Make a quenelle* of the avocado/white chocolate mashed potatoes and add it to the middle of the plate.
On top of the painted avocado/white chocolate mashed potatoes add the deep fried rack of rabbit.
Take the fried corn and place it on top of the plate standing up, add the back leg to the bottom left of the plate so it leans on the corn.
Drizzle with the sauce Bordelaise, apricots and shallots over the leg and onto the plate.
The ÃƒÆ’Ã‚Â¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã‚Â¬Ãƒâ€¦Ã¢â‚¬Å“Buffalo styleÃƒÆ’Ã‚Â¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã‚Â¬ÃƒÂ¯Ã‚Â¿Ã‚Â½ front leg (upper and lower) are placed on the top left of the plate with the apricot and mint relish in between.
Add lastly a fresh mint leaf for garnish.
* A quenelle is made with 2 spoons and shaped into a egg by taking a little of the avocado/white chocolate mashed potatoes and move it from spoon to spoon until you have the shape of an egg then place it on the plate. Dip the spoons occasionally in warm water to prevent the mashed potatoes from sticking to the spoon.
Back to Top